Thursday 22 December 2011

Good Job, Mum!

Hiya!

Don't you just love little kids?  Today's post features a watercolour painting of a Ringtail Possum.  I'm sure you'll agree it is incredibly important and terribly useful information to know his name is Ernest.  

So why the title?  Well, in case you haven't already worked it out, "Good job, Mum" was the detailed feedback I received upon asking my earnest little cherubs what they thought of my latest artistic endeavour:

How could I not be called anything other than Ernest, when you look into my eyes?

I must say, I was very relieved to have received a thumbs up for this little study, because trust me when I say they could quite have easily said "I can see you really tried hard today, Mummy..."  (It has happened before, much to my chagrin.)

I'm really pleased with how Ernest has turned out today.  I might even go as far as to say I think this may just be my first watercolour painting that I've ever done that I actually (semi) like.  Yippee!  I wouldn't mind adding in a little more background detail, but am petrified to try to do so, in case I really muck it up.  What do you think I should do: Leave it? ~or~ Go for it?  Oh, the dilemma!  (A nice one to have though.)

Anyway, if I don't "see" you again over the next few days, have a wonderful Christmas full of joy, love and lots and lots of laughter (and an excellent supply of batteries in the cupboard).

I'll see you on the other side of Christmas!

Kate
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!