Sunday 8 January 2012

From My Window - Still Life Part 1

Hello!

Goodness, at times like this I realise I really do live in a pretty part of the world!

Today's post features Part 1 of my latest painting, where I am using my trusty acrylics in an attempt to create a Still Life scene, inspired by the view from outside my front window.


Yes, in case you are wondering -  those really are my mountains and my tree.  My vase and my lemons.  I must confess, the bowl is looking a little emptier now after having pancakes for breakfast this morning, where  lemons were squeezed exuberantly over sugar.  Does anyone else do this?  If not, you should try it. YUM!   

I didn't feel a slavish need to paint in every tree, every little house, every leaf detail, after feeling inspired by Alberto Giacometti who said:
The object of art is not to reproduce reality, but to create a reality of the same intensity.


Thanks for giving permission for me to be me, Alberto!

The painting is nowhere near finished, but I've already received a lot of very positive feedback from visitors to my house who have seen the painting in person.  I only hope that I can keep improving on it over the next week or so.

Stay tuned for an update over the next few days.  I know, I know, you can hardly wait!

I'll see you soon,


Kate 






1 comment:

  1. (Amanda)

    Kate will be interested to see how this picture progresses.

    We are really enjoying your blog and I personally am really getting a lot out of your explanations about techniques.

    Stephen just likes the pretty pictures - but then hes a bloke ;P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!