Friday 4 May 2012

More Work on Jo Beans...

Hello!

I hope this finds you all well and happy out there in blog-land.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post as often as usual these past couple of weeks, my life has been incredibly busy with a lot of work needing to be completed in a short amount of time.  Worse, my life is not going to settle down any time soon.  Don't worry - my life is wonderful, but it sure is hectic!

I kept putting myself under pressure thinking "Come on Kate, you have to post something - everyone must be waiting!" and I was starting to get myself really worked up about the passing days.  Anyone who knows me in real life, knows that I have this skill honed to a fine art - anxiety and I are uneasy best buddies.

Then, around two days ago, I realised that this mind-set was counter-productive.  I post here  because I post artworks that have been created through a feeling of love, joy and inspiration.  I post on here to inspire YOU to try the same.

I realised that if I start posting out of obligation, rather than a desire to share and inspire, I consider I've lost the whole rationale and intent of creating this blog in the first place.   So what if my "number of hits" drops?  I'm not doing this for glory.  I'm doing this for me and for you, whoever you may be who stumbled across this post and my blog.

Realising this gave me the freedom to get the things I needed to get done, done and then come back to art when I had the time and the energy.

As such, it felt wonderful to be able to snatch a few hours today to finally get back to my love of all things visual, and work on my latest little commission, Jo Beans.  Here she is again, Take #2:


She's not completely finished, however I do think that she is an improvement on my last effort. Her fur needs to be worked a little more, but I feel that I have managed to create more "sheen and movement" and I think I prefer her eyes.  Do you agree? Be honest here.  You can say no!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and seeing what I've been up to.  I'll be sure to post the final picture of Jo Beans when I'm done.

Enjoy your weekend!

Kate
x

6 comments:

  1. that is so Jo! Great job in capturing her spirit...absolutely beautiful! Thank you XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a wonderful natural talent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you so much for your super kind comments Laurie May. That's lovely. I still need to do more work on her though. My little boys looked at her today and said "her eyes are too wide apart". I looked and "DOH!" they are! Back to the drawing board - literally. I'm not gonna give up though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously you and me both need to learn to not be so anxious, makes life easier to relax :)

    If you force yourself to blog you will hate it, I am only posting about once a week now due to time and I have to enjoy writing (and have something to write about). Once I realised it was OK to post only once a week the pressure came off and I have started to enjoy it again, I want to do it, not have to do it, it is the same with anything in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi KJ - Yes, I think you've articulated my (our) sentiments better than I did! :-) It is very easy to sometimes take things a little too seriously. Here's to a having and maintaining a happy blog-life balance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kate. As usual, I am amazed.

    Just put the two images side by side. Her coat colour (and shine) is much better in this one - reminds me of my 'sister'. I agree with the boys that her eyes are too far apart...or too small or something...I can't quite put my finger on it but there is something.

    Love her nose in this one and the cheeky smile you gave her! lol It looks like she did when I was holding her piggie and teasing her about throwing it...kinda like 'okay, come on! Are we going to have fun or what?'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!