Wednesday 24 July 2013

Why I Love My Six Year Old...


He can look at the below pastel portrait painting (using my new supplies) and lovingly say:

  "Why Mummy, this is the most beautiful painting of me I have ever seen.  It is mag-ni-fi-cent.  It even almost, kinda, in-a-way-looks-like-me except my face is not flat!"




Giggle, <sigh>.

It's good to try new things and new styles of painting, right?  I must confess that although this isn't exactly a masterpiece (I would classify it as flop), I do quite like the painterly style (or maybe it was just that I liked putting lots of purple pastel in his hair).

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I've been up to,

From

(Seriously now, when am I *ever* going to get better? Surely it will happen one day!) Kate
x
PS:  Haven't forgotten my wrecked Mr Chuckles painting, it's just it is hard to feel inspired to finish it when I know deep down that I've wrecked it...
PPS:  What is with the two posts in one day?!  I am on a pastel roll, baby!  I can't even blame it on the fumes.

2 comments:

  1. As long as you enjoy trying Kate. My quilts and sewing might improve subtly but it's the process that I like, and usually the end result. I think you do great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan! Yes, you are right. I really love looking at your quilts - to my eye they are perfect. I went to a quilting exhibit at the QLD Art Gallery and I thought of you! All the quilts there told such interesting stories through their fabric choices and stitching. Amazing!

      Delete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!